Tuesday, April 01, 2008

Happy April Fool's everyone! I actually had not remembered that today was April Fools until my sister Shelly called. She told me about http://www.familyfun.com/ where you could find fun 'trick' recipes! So, I decided I'd have a little fun with dinner tonight. When we all sat down to the table I told the kids that because they had been so good today I was going to let them have a cupcake before dinner. Their eyes got big as I placed a cupcake on each of their plates. Jordan immediately questioned my decision, but it was too late. Kinz dipped her finger in the tempting icing and took a lick. She made the funniest face and said, "This tastes like mashed potatoes!" I had made mini meat loaves in cupcake wrappers and frosted them with dyed mashed potatoes. We all had a good laugh. Then a few minutes into the meal Jordan took a huge bite of the grilled cheese sandwiched that I had also made. His face was priceless. I thought he would know that they weren't really grilled cheese sandwiches because of the cupcake trick, but nope...the trick worked like a charm...again. I loved it! The grilled cheese sandwiches were really angel food cake grilled and orange frosting in the middle. When Corbin took a bite he said, "This cheese tastes good!" Thanks for making our April Fools a memorable one Shelly! I am still laughing. This is one of the best meat loaf recipes I have ever made (I added steak seasoning to it) and having them in muffin cups was fun for the kids! I am definitely going to make them again.
I also was able to get a video of Brecklyn clapping finally! She has been doing it non-stop for two days! I am glad they could both have their own little video since they rarely get the spotlight to themselves.

Coming soon...Kin and Corb riding two-wheelers!

8 comments:

Trever and Heather said...

Good job Lissa! I didn't do any tricks yesterday as the moving is proving to be tricky enough- but I'm definitely going to steal that recipe from you for next year.

Sarah said...

What a good idea! How fun! Yay for Brecklyn!

Amy said...

Brilliant!!! So cute, Gloria!

tysqui said...

Very clever... I'll keep those tricks in mind as well. :)

Cameron/Melissa said...

I love those ideas. that is great. I was trying to figure out what to do for my kids. I will remember this for next year.

megan&steve said...

what a great food trick idea! My sister who has a 3 month old tried telling me she was pregnant. I didn't buy it. At least she tried!

MaryAnn said...

That is such a cute idea and classic reaction!! How fun you are! Your kids are really growing up!

Amanda said...

Those are such great ideas! I'm going to do that next year! It's even better that you got Jordan too with the grilled cheese! Hilarous.