Heart it forward!
I know I am slow! A month ago I won the heart it forward giveaway on my friend Katey's blog! I received these very spooky blocks in the mail which I adore! Thanks Katey! I have had so many people ask me where I bought them.
So, according to the rules of heart it forward, I needed to have my own little giveaway. I have been thinking and thinking of something I could make that would be of interest to anyone, but the only thing I am really good at making is a baby(or two). So without further deliberation, I put my first born up for grabs. Ha, ha! I am only kidding. Seriously now, I have come up with a giveaway that I hope is acceptable.
I was cleaning out my storage room when I finally found this flag wall hanging that I never finished and promised to Aubrey . It is a little bigger than an 11x14 picture, and when complete it will be hand quilted and framed in an old rustic wood frame. Very festive for the Fourth of July, or if you are patriotic enough, for the entire year. This one of course is yours Aub, but if anyone else is interested, here are the rules of the giveaway.
1-Leave a comment saying you want to enter. Tell me something unique about yourself or an embarrassing moment! (Please make me laugh!)
2-Here's the catch, if you agree to receive this, you promise to then create something yourself, from the heart, and gift it on your blog. The giveaway will close on Sunday at midnight. All names will be put in a bowl and one of my children will pick a winner. Don't worry, your flag will be delivered before July 4, 2009. :) (or in three weeks if you are lucky!)
If you are interested in some professional quilts, I just entered this giveaway that I found thanks to Aubrey! This lady is amazing. You should check her out! I wish I could post a picture of one of her quilts, but alas, I am not talented enough to figure out how to steal others pictures. I'll leave that to the professionals...you know who you are.
6 comments:
I'm totally entering!
Um, something unique? I once spent an entire school year worth of lunch breaks trying to make Aubrey laugh milk out her nose...never saw it once. But, I did see her drool pink valentine heart sucker all over her desk, during class. That was pretty great. (I love teasing Aubrey).
I am the one who makes people snort their milk.
Oh wait, it was me. I remember that Ashley girl being grossed out that some landed on her arm.
Sheesh, I get promised a quilt and then have to WIN it.
My story? Maybe this is not so unique a situation (for me and old ladies dependant on Depends) but I peed my pants when I was 15 because I was laughing so hard at the reaction Heather got when she fake-puked purple foam Jello (at my suggestion) when we were passing all the weirdies from school (who were probably high and sitting in their smoking circle.) That was so dang funny. I seriously emptied my bladder--it wasn't just a little leakage. Perhaps that would explain my problems now. You give your bladder an INCH and it takes a mile. I tell you.
MELISSA!!! You just totally blow my blocks out of the water! This is sooo unbelievably cool! OK, I wasn't going to enter but since my whole kitchen is USA, I can't resist!
So here's my embarrassing story. This Halloween we went to go do the pumpkin walk in syracuse. We were waiting in line with 7 kids and 3 moms. I didn't bring a coat for myself, so I was freezing. 3 hours after arriving we finally reached the end, which was in the fire station. The firemen were behind some tables selling refreshments and the place was packed. I was freezing so I suddenly decided to do a little dance to warm up. All of the sudden the place breaks out with applause and the firemen are screaming and cheering. Somehow, the place had emptied without me noticing and they were all watching me dance (and I was not dancing cute!) I ran out of there leaving all 7 kids with my friends. Moral of the story, don't dance even when you think people aren't watching :o)
I got my pants and underwear pulled down in third grade when I was hanging on the monkey bars. And I was so embarrassed I didn't even think to jump down and pull my pants back up, I just hung there half naked! Does that count?:)
You don't have to put my name in the bowel though, because I have NOTHING to give away that I have made:(
You are such a good mom Melissa. Gosh we have got to get together. I live in Utah now so the next time you visit family call!!!! Your kids are getting so big. I still can't believe that we are moms. It seems like yesturday we were dressing up in big clothes and putting on fake finger nails.
Time goes by so fast huh! Sure love ya
Oooh! I hope I win! That is so cute! And if I win, I'll pass along a homemade quilted tote bag. Here's my most embarassing moment, ever: Going to Lagoon a beach, 15 years old, at the peak of puberty and akwardness. I forgot my swimsuit, so I had to wear Uncle Ken's swim trunks and Aunt Marchelle's sports bra. I went down the long slide where you go 50+ miles an hour. At the bottom of the slide, I pop up out of the water and out pops my boobies for everyone to see! Oh, I about died!
Post a Comment