Adley and Brecklyn's "Happy Day!"

Both girls are into dress-up and princesses right now (especially Cinderella). This is Mom's attempt at a princess castle. They were thrilled. Adley had already stolen one of the Hershey kisses off the cake. If you look closely you can see it in her cheek!

The girls understood this year that this was a special day just for them. They kept calling it their "happy day." They even called their presents their "happy days". So fun!

Sunday we had our family over for cake and ice cream. It is also my niece Jessica's birthday this week, so being the mean Aunt that I am, I made her wear this hat against her will and we sang to her as well! Happy 16th today Boie!

Adley's spotlight!

Brecklyn's spotlight!

As is tradition at our house, we woke the girls up to a special birthday song that Jordan's parents used to play for his siblings and him. They danced and ran around the kitchen and then begged to start the song over each time it ended. Next we opened presents. Adley only opened one and was perfectly content with what was inside. Brecklyn opened the rest! She was a little disappointed when they ran out!




That night we put the kids swimsuits on and headed to the park for ice cream cones and running through the water with some neighbors and friends. Before it was time to go we couldn't find Adley. She had crawled into our bed, pulled up the covers, and was reading this magazine!

Brecklyn was busy getting into the wipes (her favorite past time) and cleaning my dresser.

Fun at the park.


Kinzlee and Mackenna.

Corby-man sporting his new haircut! Thanks Aunt Jill!
Then to end a perfect "happy day", we had a little rain for the children to dance in, and two beautiful rainbows!
Happy day to my sweet Adley who is so full of energy it bounces out your ears and right into me. I love you, even when you call me a "meanie-head!"
Happy day to my darling Brecklyn who gives the best "tight-squeezes" and packs the meanest pinch. I love you!
12 comments:
Oh your kids are so cute! Great job on the cake! I love it. Very creative. Glad they had a great "Happy Day"
Happy Birthday! Man those kids are adorable!
What cute kids! Looks like they had lots of fun!! Happy Birthday Adley & Brecklyn. Great job on the cake!
So sweet!! Sounds like a great day. Sorry you weren't feeling to well. Awesome job on the cake!!!
I really adore your family. You are all so cute. I love your twins and I love that they called their b-day "happy day". I'm glad you are feeling better! Your attempt of a castle cake looks pretty freakin delicious (you know how I feel about waffle cones). Take care. Heather
Melissa, I can't believe how time flies. Your children are SO adorable!! I wish you were still here for us to enjoy them.
Happy Birthday, Girls! We sure love you so much!
Happy Birthday Adley and Brecklyn! I looks like you had a great "Happy Day"! Wish we lived closer and could have celebrated with you. We love you.
They're so cute. And so big.
Such cuties. We miss you all and long to see you soon. Please come down for a visit.
That cake looks yummy! Congrats on two beautiful two-year-olds! "Happy Day" to Adley and Brecklyn!
Hey I found you through Jill's blog. It is fun to see your family. Your kids are getting big. Cute family.
Post a Comment