Needles are never a good start to your day...
Yup! You guessed it, I had a bad day! That song is now playing in my head, and probably yours too...moving on. So as many of you know, I have been having some crazy knee troubles for about a month and today I finally went to an orthopedic doctor to find some answers. My knee was very swollen and he suggested we drain some of the fluid for relief. So, in the REALLY BIG needle went and out came about four tablespoons of yellow liquid. Sorry if this is a little graphic. I only tell you this for two reasons. First, I discovered I am one tough woman today because instead of screaming out obscenities and crying like a child during the EXCRUCIATING pain, I simply gasped. Yes, I am fishing for some pats on the back here! And, second to warn you all... NEVER allow a man with a needle to go near your knee! Although it did feel better for about twenty minutes, I have been a lot more pain ever since.
Never a good day when you hurt, but definitely not a good day when you hurt and you have two babies that are hacking and crying and haven't slept for more than twenty minutes all day. To top it all off you have a three year old who didn't quite make it to the potty (number two) and left his mark all over the toilet, floor, rug and of course his clothes. The underwear got tossed, because I was not even going to go there today. Then of course (I brought this one on myself) I got Jordan a plane ticket to Salt Lake for his birthday to go skiing, and it was scheduled to leave tonight! Why did I think that was a good idea? So while he is trying to leave, I am holding both babies in one arm, my other arm is gripping Corbin's arm (he is trying to jump on the front of Jordan's car), and I am trying to use my leg to hold Kinzlee back as she is attempting to open his back door and hop in while he is pulling out of the driveway. Meanwhile my neighbor across the street is laughing hysterically, and the children are crying hysterically. I decided to throw everyone in the car and head for McDonald's since two days worth of dishes are in my sink and the babies usually stop crying in the car. I had to listen to the sobbing, "Daddy, Daddy. I want my Daddy." for the next ten minutes until finally I threatened to pull over and stick the kids in the field with the cows if I heard any more crying. It stopped immediately! Ah, resorting to threats! Those are always good times! When we arrived at McDonald's I went over my usual talk with the kids about what we do when mommy says it is time to go. I then asked, "What happens if you are not obedient when it is time to go?" Corbin immediately pipped up and said, "You will leave us outside with the cows."
No Corbin...I will leave myself in the field with the cows, it sounds lovely to sunbathe, and eat all day!
Lots of love from the Washington cow fields!
Friday, January 11, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
10 comments:
You get lots of pats on the back--especially for letting your husband leave you with four screaming kids. How's it going hiring help? I'll go to the cowfield with you--remember trying to get tans in St. George in February. That so did not work and I don't know about you, but I clearly remember my B.O.!
is your knee feeling better? i hope everything works out!
luv
je
Wow, you are one patient woman! I hope your knee starts feeling better. Hopefully Jordan can return the favor and let you go on a little trip when he gets back. Maybe to SLC, too? ;)
Yuck. That totally stinks. I hate how when just one little part of your body hurts, it affects every part of your life.
Hey, I have an idea! Move back up here and get a house next door to me somewhere (I'm looking for a new one). I will come over every afternoon and do your dishes- seriously. I would charge, however, if I heard stories involving needles while doing it. Every other type of conversation is free.
OR- if you can find Trever a job in St. George I'll move by you and the offer will still stand.
Oh Melissa! I'm so sorry, aside from the knee pain and the twins- I feel your pain. Hang on there! I hope you are getting a little break now. You are so AWESOME to get Jordan the little get away- lets hope he returns the favor! :)
Lissa-
OUCH and WOW...those are the two things that come to mind. Did you survive the weekend? I hope so. Did the Dr. give you any idea what's wrong or how to permanently fix the problem (the needle apparently wasn't the answer)?
You are a patient, & amazing woman! I don't know how you do it. I think I would go nuts in your situation. I hope your knee gets better soon. It definately won't be easy to be alone with the kids while Jordan is gone. If we lived closer, I'd be happy to help you. Try to take time for you too!
Melissa,
I'm starting to have flashbacks! Aaah! My kids are now all sleeping through the night and it's great! To get my baby twins to sleep through the night, we let them each cry it out, one at a time, wrapped up tight with a binky. I would go in and put a
binky back in every five minutes. It worked pretty well, but they didn't sleep through the night until they were 9 months old!
I vote Melissa Mother of the Year! I also vote Melissa is eligilbe for one "Girls weekend" NO KIDS! Jordan plays Mommy! : ) I miss you!
You are so thoughtful sending your hubby on a nice Birthday trip. Next time, include yourself! I hope you knee is feeling better. P.S. I thought you lived in St. George, but are you in Washington?
Post a Comment