Thursday, February 21, 2008

Makes me laugh...
Last night I went to a stake enrichment dinner. We had a marriage and family counselor come and speak to us. The gym was packed and the speaker very engaging. About twenty minutes into this man's talk someones cell phone went off. Not too big of a deal as this could happen to anyone, but then she answered it and started a conversation! No kidding! It was this little old woman right in the middle of the room. She of course was talking incredibly loud as older people tend to do and she talked for almost TWO MINUTES! I timed her! It was so funny I couldn't hold in the giggles. She was oblivious. The funniest part was watching another old lady's reaction. She was sitting at the same table and was so annoyed that I thought she might grab the phone and start beating the first woman over the head with it. She kept huffing as loud as she could and covering her eyes with her hands. It was all too much. My friend and I kept laughing. Very amusing.
Second amusing matter of business is my twins doing their business. Brecklyn had a blowout poopy diaper on FOUR, yes FOUR outfits today. Adley hardly kept up by pooping out of only two. Yes, math geniuses that is six poopy outfits I had to scrub today...make that seven, because one of Brecklyn's got on my shirt as well. See all the fun you have to look forward to Jill. :) I could be angry about all this "sh*#", but they look up at me with those big beautiful eyes and it just melts my heart. Brecklyn even started laughing when poop got on my shirt. I couldn't help but laugh at her laughing and that makes her laugh harder. It was so funny.

8 comments:

gilliay said...

I think Emma's record so far is 5 outfits...of course it is always when we are away from home that she goes for record breaking sprees. Good thing there is only one of her! And Lissa Lady that is the CLOSEST I've ever heard you come to a swear word...getting brave in your old age, eh? :D

Jennie Fife said...

When Dash was born I gave him the rule "No pooping on Mommy" now I could care less if Myles gets it on me I just can't stand it on the carpet. Having two in diapers is a challenge but at least Dashiel isn't ruining outfits anymore.

Amy said...

I have heard more than that swear come out of her mouth... ;-) Hee. And this time she just almost TYPED it. Hee hee. Oh Gloria... do I really want children? My life is so simple now....

megan&steve said...

Oxi Clean works wonders on blowouts. Just soak the clothes in water and a scoop of oxi clean overnight. Then put it in the washer and wa-la the stain is gone. No scrubbing necessary.

Andrea said...

Wow! You are a super mom. And I love the enrichment story. Old women are hilarious. That gave me something to smile about today. Thanks.

Jaime said...

Email me so I can let you view my blog, we are going private. mattandjaime.johnson@gmail.com

Laura said...

I'm on Jaime's heels, going private with the blog. Email me
laurahuntzinger at gmail.com
I love the haircuts! Kinzlee's such a sweetie!

Sarah said...

Such a busy mommy you are, I can't even imagine. You definately are one tough cookie! That is so funny about the lady at enrichment.