Are you a sneaky mom too?
Adley and Brecklyn have each been having their own eating issues as of late. Brecklyn decided after our Florida trip that she preferred nursing ONLY, thank you very much and no other milk will do. She started refusing to take bottles and wouldn't even touch sippy cups with milk in them. I was very frustrated by this as I was wanting to begin weaning. My pediatrician recommended I try chocolate milk! I thought, I'll give it a try, but if I can't even get her to put the bottle in her mouth, why does it matter what's in it?
It took me a minute to finally hold her thrashing head and force the bottle in, but as soon as she tasted the chocolate milk it was gone in about fifteen seconds flat! I was floored. So I hurried and made some more. Of course this time I was holding her and she saw me mix the formula. Can you believe she wouldn't touch it. She is too smart for her little britches. The next day I secretly made another bottle and she took it! With only three days of chocolate milk I tried a bottle with regular milk and she downed the blasted thing! Hurray! Problem solved.
Moving on to Miss Adley. She has decided to be very picky about the things she eats. She loves certain foods, but only if they are pureed. I had ground up some casserole the other night and tried to get her to eat some. She lets you put the first bite in, but then she spits it right back out. I knew she loves baby food sweet potatoes, so I formulated a plan. Without her seeing I filled a spoon with casserole and then dunked it in the sweet potatoes! She fell for it. She made a funny face like something might be different, but in the end she swallowed. Yippy Skippy! She ate her entire meal! I love being sneaky? Any sneaky mom tips you have would be greatly appreciated! Have a sneaky day!
Monday, June 23, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
8 comments:
I love new posts! You are one funny mama. I love your posts don't leave us hanging that long again. I need something to do on bed rest, and your life is very interesting. Love you tons! Say hi to the kiddos.
Freaking crap you ARE sneaky. How come you don't do any crappin' titles? Weirdo.
Nice...I've done both of those things. Kids are seriously so dang smart. I love reading your blog...you are hilarious and have a darling fam!
I like reading about being a sneaky mom! Good job for you! I don't think I do that many sneaky things but maybe I should take some advice and start.
You are SO sneaky! I can't believe how smart kids are though and figure things out so fast. I hope they keep eating better for you!
Sneaky indeed. Our little Jake seems to think i'm poisoning him or something because I have to take a bite first, and then he will try it.
I don't know Melissa, if you keep up the deception I'm afraid it's only a matter of time before you put your kids into a pleasantly warm pot and slowly turn up the heat... like that poor frog I always heard about in Seminary. :-)
Bentley can no longer be fooled and he has become a very picky man. Matt used to be able to fool him all of the time by putting food he liked on top of other food. Sometimes we have to force him to take a lick so that he knows he likes it. It's so hard when he flails around everywhere.
Post a Comment