Adley was found this morning in her crib with a bare bum. Yup, she had pulled her diaper off. Luckily it was only wet. We have had worse cases in the recent past...
I was taking a much needed nap while Dad was over seeing. I woke with a start as I could hear Jordan yelling, "Emergency, Emergency! Melissa, come quick! It's an emergency!" Now for most of you this might make your heart stop for a moment and then pick up at ultra-rabbit speed, as you jump from the bed expecting to find a child half dead, or something to justify your husband yelling, "Emergency!" in a panic voice. I, however; have been married to Jordan for too long to fall into such a state of shock! I know when the word emergency is used with Jordan it involves one thing...poop!
I reluctantly got out of bed and approached the scene. All the while Jordan is still yelling, "Run! Emergency!" Brecklyn had been put down for a nap (by someone other than myself) without pants over her diaper. When she woke up poopy, she decided to change herself...I guess. Her diaper was on one end of the crib and the former contents of that diaper were all over. Even on my little Breck's face. YUCK! Of course Jord b-lined it out of the room as fast as he could. So while I was trying to take care of the poop queen, I heard a little swish, swish, which could only mean one thing! Adley was fishing in the toilet. That was a long day.
Monday, August 11, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
9 comments:
Experiences like this are what make me not too sad that I haven't entered into that part of my life yet. Hee hee. I'll just play Belle for a few more months... ;-)
YUCK! I haven't had that bad of an experience with poop yet- I think I just cursed myself...
You just make me so excited for what is to come :) If it makes you feel any better, the other day my brother when in to pick up his some, that is a few weeks younger than mine, up from a nap. He smelled poopy, so he picked him up, put his cheek to the baby's back. Next thing you know he has a thick layer of poop going all the way down his cheek. Funny stuff.
Cassie
Oh yuck! Jayston has not figured out his diaper yet. I am not looking forward to that day.
I love the "emergency" thing. I can see Gabe doing the same thing, including running away when I got there.
Ugh, Sawyer did the same thing last week.
Did Jordan help clean ANY of it? You should ahve said "Embergency?! I'm outta here," and run for the car. And screeched out of the garage. That man needs to emergency himself to the wipes.
Thanks for posting picture-less on your blog, anyway...you inspire me to do the same. We have dial-up internet and posting photos takes for-ev-er! So, I'm going to do as you do and post old ones or journal, or beg for high speed internet! Take care!
Hey Melissa, I was just loving looking at your pictures from the past couple of posts. I miss you guys! By the way - that is so funny about the "emergency" incident.
Melissa, your little family is so cute!
I was just wondering... Now that your twins are walking have they completely taken you hostage and tied your hands up so that you can never blog again? I liked hearing about all the life of a mom with twins and now the blog seemed to have died. Are you alive still? Just tell us if you are alive....
Post a Comment