Is your sanity accounted for?
Have you ever had that nightmare where you show up in public somewhere in your underwear and then you wake up mortified? I had that nightmare this morning, only I still haven’t woken up and as it turns out, it wasn’t a dream at all.
I am pretty sure that the part of your body that controls your sanity is stored in your stomach. Mine I know was accidentally removed with my c-section last year. That would explain why more women than men loose their sanity. Right? Makes sense to me. (But, I am the one with the a-wall sanity.)
If you know me well, you know that if I get interrupted while getting ready in the morning and have to leave the bathroom, then I usually forget that I hadn’t finished the process of beautifying myself. I find out as I am walking through a store and pass my reflection in a window or something. “That poor lady,” I think. “It looks like she didn’t even brush her hair. Agh! It’s me!” Such is life…or my life at least.
So, today I jumped out of the shower and realized as I glanced at the clock that Corbin was going to be late to preschool. I threw some clothes on, hucked my kids in the car, and we were on our way. Corbin and I battled when we got there over whether or not he would wear his hat. I didn’t have time to do his hair and I insisted he wear the hat. I, however, gave in quickly as cars were lining up behind me, but by this point he didn’t want to go to school at all. So here I am, standing by the side of my car, waving others to go around me, talking to Corb’s teacher, and trying to convince my child to stay at school. Then, I look down.
I think, “That’s funny, I distinctly remember deciding to wear my grey shirt today, why did I put on my white one?” Then it hits me. I put on my white tank top, but no shirt. I am standing here in a very tight, very see through, tank top with my garments hanging out as sleeves. I voiced my horror out loud and Miss Amber burst into hysterics.
Do you think it is possible to have a sanity transplant, you know, like a heart transplant? Sign me up…
Thursday, October 02, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
19 comments:
ROFLOL. Oh Lissa...thanks for the laugh, sorry it had to come at your expense. Did you jump in the car and drive home real fast? I hope we can figure out a girl's trip to st. george, I'm so anxious to see you!
HOLY freaking CRAP!! That's so freaking funny! And you were out of the car!!! HA HA HA!!!
at least it wasn't your pants.
once i had a dream that i walked up to play the piano for the primary program in my garments, only i was dressed when I was sitting on the pew, and became gradually undressed as i walked up the aisle. i don't know what happened, the clothes just disappeared!
thank goodness THAT didn't come true. especially because I was pretty far pregnant with the H-man at the time.
Melissa,
You have the funniest way of putting things. I've been there 100%. I think anyone who has been a mother has been there at one point.
Tara
Oh Melissa! LOL! I'm so sorry that happened to you. The things these blessed children do to us. :P
That is too funny! How embarrassing! I know what you mean though. I've certainly had some moments like that. I swear every time I have a baby I lose like 30 points off of my IQ.
That is so funny! Whenever I put on a tank top that I am going to wear under something, I always think how funny it looks with my garments hanging out as sleeves, so I can only imagine how funny that must have looked to everyone who saw you! Oh well, at least you can laugh about it right!
Hahahahahaha. That is so hillarious!! Thanks for the good laugh! I needed that today. You are such a doll, Melissa. I'm sure that all of the mom's who saw you totally understood, although I'm really sorry that happened to you. How embarrassing.
That is so funny! Just remember that it is really an act of charity to allow people to see that you aren't perfect. But next time post pictures!!
Wow. Melissa, you are totally doing the best that you can. I loved your description. At least you live in an LDS community right? OThers know what the crazy white spandex are.
That is hilarious! I swear it takes me three hours these days to get dressed and ready for the day with all of my interuptions. I'm glad I'm not the only one. Luckily this is something you can always look back and laugh, it could have been way worse.
Oh my gosh! That story is freakin hilarious! You crack me up!
LOL! Oh I am totally right there with you. Wow! That is funny, but sorry it happened to you. I love your description. I totally felt like I was the one experiencing it, since I go through that same thing almost every single day...
LOL loved it thanks for sharing! I'm glad you can laugh at yourself to keep sane! I've had plenty of those moments where I think I can either cry or laugh and depending on how much patience I have that day is which one wins.
Hope things are going well.
Katie Yates
That's funny, Melissa! I love your new pictures that you put up! Your hair looks great! The kids are cute too!
I love the new family pics!! Who did them for you? And where were they taken?
That is SUCH a cute picture on the top of your blog and that story is way too good. Haha. I can totally see myself doing something like that.
Melissa, I decided to take a peek at your profile through Beth and Gabe's and am glad that I did. That is too funny. I am glad that you are as human as the rest of us since whenever I see you and your beautiful kids you all look so perfect. I hope that I get to see you guys soon since the kids look so much older in all the pics.
That is one funny story. Although it wouldn't shock me if Cathie would have been the one to have done the same thing.
I'm so glad I found your blog! That story is so funny! That is one of my biggest fears--answering the door without clothes or worse going out in public half dressed!
Post a Comment