Sunday, August 16, 2009

Just a glimps of our summer

We harvested a total of five carrots, basil, parsley, one pumpkin (planted and watered faithfully by Corbin), and loads of spinach and Swiss chard. Yum! We only managed to kill one tomato bush!














We surprised Daddy for Father's Day by finishing the back yard with rock in the beds. I thought ten bags of rocks from Lowe's might just do the trick. When I opened them and spread them out they barely covered a square foot! My sister, Angie, and I had a pretty good laugh. Then she, her husband and my other sister Tara helped me get a load of rock and spread it that night. Jordan sure was surprised!





We spent a day four wheeling with friends near Sand Hollow for Father's day as well. We ended up at the reservoir and we let the kids jump in in their clothes. It was a blast. Everyone helped make Dad breakfast for his special day. We love you Dad!
The kids had their very first lemonade stand. They made ten dollars...which turned out to be about a dollar a kid, since the whole neighborhood helped run it! It was so cute.

Just as the heat was hitting St. George we took off to Island Park, ID to spend a week with Grandma and Grandpa Garn! Grandpa stayed busy cutting down trees and starting fires...


and we all stayed busy boating and four-wheeling. Uncle Gabe sat in the front of the boat and taught the kids some new dance moves.


I chilled with my babies and loved snuggling them when the boat ride put them to sleep.


Corbin tried wake boarding and Kinz tried surfing.









Grandma found matching bear pj's for the grand kids! (Yes more than half belong to me, but that will all change very soon!)


We visited Old Faithful on the way home! Adley and Brecklyn were too tired to wait for it to go off, so Dad took them back to the car for a nap and all three of them missed it. Sorry Dad.


We spent the Fourth of July in Layton with our Allphin cousins.
The parade was lots of fun.


That night we played rock band in Uncle Nate and Aunt Jill's back yard. Corbin and I actually got hit my some illegal fire works that the neighbors were setting off, but we survived with just minor burns.





The day after we arrived home Brecklyn and I headed to the hospital for her second set of tubes. She was a trooper and this set has proved to be much better than the last. She has been ear infection free ever since!


After tubes, we geared up for a visit from my cousin Summer and her three kids! They stayed an entire week and we had an incredible time. The kids played all day and Summer and I talked all night! Here's Paige and Brecklyn who became fast friends. Kinzlee and Brianna had no problem picking up where they had left off the year before. They were inseparable.



Daddy caught a lizard that everyone thought was pretty great. After he left we found one IN the house, and we didn't think that was too great. Dad had taken Corbin with him which left only girls, so we had to call my nephew over to catch him for us. Thank goodness for nephews.



My sisters and cousins...out to eat!



After our cousins left it was off to Island Park again. This time we invited some good friends of ours the Smiths.





Kinzlee and Madison!



Jordan and Aaron wanted to see if it was possible for two grown men to fit on one surf board! Turns out we have very talented husbands.


All the kids at the table!



Our family at Mesa Falls. (near the cabin)


The kids loved the tube!




The day we got home from Island Park we took off for an Allphin family reunion. The kids were so excited to camp and just play in the dirt with their cousins for a few days.


My mom's Dad, Grandpa Spendlove came up the first day. This is a picture of him and my mom!



We found some new baby birds on our hike.



Adley and Brecklyn looked like this the entire camping trip!















































































We made it home just in time for school to start and the Daddy daughter camp-out was that weekend. Kinzlee had a blast painting Jordan's face and his toenails.































Corbin started Kindergarten this year! I can't believe my little man is so big. He was very excited to start, but equally as anxious. I had to sit with him for the first forty minutes of class. The second day I had to stand outside the door for fifteen minutes. We are hoping he will go on his own on Monday. He of course loves recess the best!





















My Kinzlee girl is a big first grader this year which made me terribly sad. Lunch time hit and I really started to miss her. I don't like having a kid in school all day...I sort of feel ripped off. She has her best friend Alexa in her class, and they wore matching outfits on their first day! Fun!




















Adley and Breck wanted their pictures taken on the first day too. Grandma Allphin made these cute little dresses for them! Thanks Grandma!



















Wow, I'm glad summer is over and things are settling back down.

10 comments:

Beth said...

What fun pictures!

We sure miss you guys!

Aaron and Bonnie said...

That was an excellent re-cap of your summer. It seems you stayed very busy! I love the dresses your mom made for your babies. They are too dang cute!

Jenni said...

Sounds like you had a fun summer! Loved the photos-what a beautiful family!

Trever and Heather said...

You guys have been super busy! I feel jipped that you came past me 20 times and i only saw you once. Are you moving up here or not?

Heather said...

I'm glad things are settling back down too, and that you are here to stay for a while. I love all the pictures of your kids. They are so freakin cute!

Andrew and Cori said...

I had no idea you guys were so busy this summer!! I guess that's what you get when you leave home for a month, huh?? Serves me right. :) looks like it was a great summer. You have inspired me to get my pictures up of our adventures of the summer, too!!

KT said...

Sounds like you guys had a fun summer! Kimball doesn't start school until next Monday. You're right, that will be really weird to have him gone for lunch. Avery is really nervous for Kindergarten also.
Your girls dresses are so cute! Cute family

Jill + Nate said...

I'm so glad your back and blogging again. Your kids look so cute on their first day of school. I wish you were here!

Jamie and Erin said...

Wow! Looks like you guys had a busy summer! I can't believe Corbin is in Kinder. So fun!

Erica Mangum said...

Looks like you had a fun Summer. We need to get together!