Tuesday, October 09, 2007

I just got all four kids to bed and sat down and started laughing at what someone outside looking in must think of my crazy life. Jordan had to go back to the office tonight, so I was solo. Kinz luckily got into her own pj's, but Corb needed help...one handed help as I was holding a fussing Brecklyn. Adley was still strapped into her carseat and luckily was content. I promised the kids a couple of books, so I was bouncing Breck and reading but she was not having it. While still reading I put her in her swing with a bink and before sitting back down Adley started in on the howling. I grabbed Adley on the way back to the chair and continued the book. When done with the book I started nursing Adley and tucked the kids in their beds...threatening them with their lives if they got out. Brecklyn started to cry again and so, while still nursing Adley, I pick up Breck and sit down to latch her on too. At night I nurse and also give a half of a bottle so that I can still be fortifying Breck's bottles...SO, Adley was done nursing but still crying for her bottle and I leave her on the couch crying while I am still nursing Breck I walk to the kitchen and prepare a bottle. This is an amazing talent considering I am one handed! Then I sit on the couch and while nursing Breck start to feed Adley her bottle. Then Adley is done with that but screaming for more (must be a growth spurt) and Breck is done nursing and screaming for a bottle. I leave both babies this time and make two bottles which I hurry back with. Now I am feeding both babies bottles. Both finish and both want MORE. Gosh Adley...slow down or Breck will never catch up! So I make two MORE bottles and go through that all again. They are both finally full, but fussing with burps.(It's amazing how only a mom knows the difference between an 'I'm still hungry cry' or an 'I need to be burped cry'). So I am proping up Adley with one hand and holding Breck over my shoulder with the other and finally get a burp from them both. I set them back in the chair and they both smile at me perfectly content. Both then get diaper changes and are wrapped burritto style and put into bed. I forgot to mention I had to put older kids back in bed twice during all of this. Now, after putting binkies in three times each they have finally gone to sleep. The best part about all of this was that I actually thought tonight was relatively easy. I guess it is all how you look at it. My bed is calling...

9 comments:

Mrs. Egg said...

wow! i now dub you wonder woman! way to go lissa lou!

Kecia said...

I was thinking the same thing! That is amazing that you can do all of that at once. Wonder Woman! I hope Jordan doesn't have to go into work at night too often - even wonder woman probably enjoys any help she can get ;)

Trever and Heather said...

I'm exhausted just reading that!

Sarah said...

Wow, I am amazed! What a busy mommy. It is so good to see you and your cute little family. I just started my blog. Keep in touch! Sarah Anthony

The Favorite said...

Great work Melissa! Now whenever things get tough I can just say, "at least I don't have twins." You are such an awesome mom.

Sarah said...

We are doing good. Your kids are soooo cute. I can't believe you had twins! Wow, I bet you don't have much spare time. You are super mommy! You can email me if you have time, might be easier to reply to. srhanthony@yahoo.com

Mrs Abbott said...

Melissa, Your twins are so cute! I am so glad that they are home and doing okay. It's crazy having two toddlers and two twins! I thought I had it bad with one toddler and two twins- now I know that it wasn't that bad at all! I found your blog through Sarah Anthony. My blog is www.pinkpanda.blogspot.com.
Megan

Katie and Eric said...

What a life! I am so impressed Melissa. Keep up the good work. Your little babies are adorable.

Jami said...

We need to be neighbors again. :)