A sad story
Little Melissa looked up at the day.
Her body was weak and she wished it was May.
She was tired and small, and the task list was tall,
And her face blushed red as she softly said,
"I think I can. I think I can. I think I can."
So she dressed her four children and breakfast they ate,
Then hurried along the carpool to take.
So slowly she climbed, one foot at a time,
And her body coughed as it whispered soft,
"I think I can. I think I can. I think I can."
Fixing broken toys and calming a cry,
With extra hope and extra try,
She would not give in- or the children would win-
And strong and proud she cried out loud,
"I think I can! I think I can! I think I can!"
She was almost there when CRASH! SMASH! BASH!
She fell down and mashed into Mommy hash.
On the rocks below...which goes to show
If the day is rough and the kids are tough,
Thinking you can just ain't enough.
Melissa Garn
I was reading "Where the Sidewalk Ends " by Shel Silverstien to my kids before bed, and his poem "The Little Blue Engine" hit so close to home that I had to tweak it a little to have it reflect my day. Enjoy!
Wednesday, March 04, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
11 comments:
Love it! Sounds like my day today.
I'm sorry! I have to say though that I love your presentation of your day, although it sounds like it was crazy...gotta love motherhood. Hope your day goes better.
Very creative!
Except for you are wonder-woman so I know none of that really happened. Just think of how good of a helper Jordan is going to be when you see him:) I'm pretty sure he feels bad for you!
so cute!! I found myself doing dr. seuss the other day. Crazy!!
Oh Melissa, what a day!
Hey Melissa! I just spent a half hour reading through your blog when your twins were born and younger. We just found our yesterday that we are expecting twins! If you have any advice I would love to hear it!! Thanks!
-Jenny
jencoop_447@hotmail.com
Yeah why the H did we ever hae kids? All they ever do is freaking crap.
Why the H did we have kids? All they ever do is freaking crap.
I love it--so true! You are so creative!
Love it sister. You are an amazing Mom and I look up to you so much!!! I hope someday I can be as good of a Mom as you!
Post a Comment